City Academy Norwich takes great pride in its uniform and the appearance of our students and we continually work hard to maintain a high standard of uniform across the Academy. To further support this in the next academic year we have made a few alterations to the compulsory uniform requirements which are detailed below.
Our official uniform supplier continues to be Stevensons Schoolwear.
You can order online here: Stevensons
Or you can visit their shop in Norwich:
Address: 62 Ber Street, Norwich NR1 3AD
Phone: 01603 622355
Compulsory Uniform only available from Stevensons:
• Academy blazer with green trim
• Academy jumper
• Academy green school tie
• Academy backpack/holdall (compulsory for years 7,8 and 9)
• Academy green polo shirt (PE)
• Black tailored trousers (no jeans, no leggings, no jeggings) or black pleated skirt (knee-length) available from Stevensons or if identical design can be from another supplier
• Smart black shoes (no trainers, no canvas, no high-heeled boots) – examples of accepted footwear can be viewed on our website, along with other information. https://www.cityacademynorwich.org/parents-students/uniform
• Academy green polo shirt – compulsory for Years 7,8 and 9
• Academy Hoodie - compulsory for Years 7,8 and 9
• Academy black jogging bottoms - compulsory for Years 7,8 and 9
• Plain black shorts compulsory for Years 7,8 and 9
• Suitable indoor/outdoor footwear
Optional PE uniform available from Stevensons
• Academy Rugby shirt (only available from Stevensons)
• Academy fleece (only available from Stevensons)
• Mouth guards / other sports items e.g. socks
IMPORTANT: it is essential to label clothes with the name of child – particularly blazers and backpacks/holdalls
• School Backpack/Holdall (compulsory for years 7,8 and 9 only available from Stevensons)
• Pencil case; pen, pencil, ruler, rubber (provided free on Transition for Year 7 and can be purchased direct from school for all other year groups)
• School water bottle (provided free on Transition for Year 7 and can be purchased direct from school for all other year groups.
Standards / Expectations
• No extreme hairstyles or inappropriate hair colours will be allowed. Hair should be natural in colour, pattern and style.
• Discreet makeup may be worn if it is naturally coloured, no false lashes/extensions
• Nail varnish and nail extensions are not permitted and will be asked to be removed if worn.
Piercing and jewellery
• All facial piercings are prohibited and should be removed or a clear retainer worn.
• One pair of small ear studs only in the ear lobe (i.e. no hoops, drops, spikes or stretchers)
• Any piercings beyond one small stud in the ear lobe must have a clear retainer
• No more than one individual ring should be worn
• Students are permitted to wear Academy Badge pins / recognition / achievement or Academy Council / Committee pins or individual identification pins e.g. LBGTQ+ / Eco Committee on their blazers.
Your support in ensuring that your child that wears the correct Academy uniform at all times is much appreciated. If you need to discuss any uniform matters or require support, which is always offered on a case by case basis, please ensure you do so as soon as possible via you child’s Leader of Year.